Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reckless Truck Driver


Talking about phobia. I was so annoyed by most, if not all truck driver. Today on my way to work, I witnessed a reckless 20ft-truck driver. Thereafter, I can't stop from making a feedback on the near-miss.


This is what I wrote to the Transport Company:


"I was traveling along Woodlands Ave 12 at about 7.30am (15 Nov 07) when I can't stop to take noticed of a very fast moving truck from ATRANS YM4632K . The truck was moving at about 90km/h where a 60km/h speed limit was pasted on the truck, this is absurd. He was not only moving very fast but was also changing from middle to left and then extreme right lane very abruptly. Please kindly educate your drivers that such reckless driving is a menace to other road users. I wanted to bring to ATRANS attention so that such irresponsible behaviours can be rectified early, otherwise incident is awaiting to happen.

One suggestion is to install speed limiter device on the truck so as to restrict the driver attempting to over speed, for your consideration please."



I was glad that the Operations Manager called me saying that the company will make an attempt to educate their drivers on safe driving.

No comments: